Saturday, November 13, 2010

Gratitude for Gift Knitting Recipients

I remember when I first started making handmade gifts. We were having a bad year financially and it was the only way I could give gifts. But, believe it or not, I was embarrassed to give something that I had made. I'm not sure if it was because it was such a personal thing and I didn't know if anyone would like it, or... no, it was just that.

I'm so over that now.

This year, in between projects for myself, I've made a few things for my nieces and nephews {and had a ball}. The best part about making things for my sister's or my nieces {in law}'s kiddos is that they are so appreciative of the time and effort that went into making the gift.

And it's attitudes like that that makes me want to cast on that next project...
{too late, already did}

Who appreciates what you do?

1 comment:

jill marie barrett said...

i totally understand about being embarassed when giving a hand made gift. i am always a little embarassed when i make something for someone. i don't really know why, but i do.
jill b



best viewed with Firefox