Friday, November 12, 2010

Gratitude for Telecommutting

I work for a great company. And just one of the many things that makes it a great place to work is that I have the ability to "dial" in and work from home. That is probably the saving grace to the industry that I work in and why I was able to continue to work while my kids were young. In fact, I started telecommuting while I was pregnant with Leah. Back then, I really was dialing in on a 300 baud modem, which was slow enough that I could read the text as it scrolled by.

For whatever reason, I always feel better physically after work when I work from home. Something about skipping the drive and the solitude, perhaps, but it is something that is now more necessary now that migraines prevent me from working in the office more than two days in a row. Whatever the reason, I'm just thankful it's available.

What makes your working/home environment pleasant? Or at least tolerable enough so you can continue on?

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox