Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Gratitude for Work Friends

Perhaps this is not the case with everyone, but the friendships at work that I have made over the years are about the truest friends I have. They have been with me through thick and thin: kids being born, kids graduating, sicknesses, surgeries, deaths in the family, bankruptcy, and all kinds of big and little stressful situations.

Just the other day, I went to lunch with a close work colleague/friend. We've been friends for over 16 years. She knew me before Emma was born. We both fretted over the same pre-K/1st grade decision with one of our children and we each also had a child that experienced febrile seizures. We gripe about our husbands {not really, Keith}, work, children. We solve world problems in hour lunch breaks. We keep each other in touch with what is going on with all of the other people that we have worked with at some point in time or other.

Friends are so important in life and the ones at work make work a better place.

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox