Sunday, November 14, 2010

Gratitude for My Personal Chef

For the last few years, my meal preparation has been limited to throwing something from the freezer into the oven or telling Emma to throw something from the freezer into the oven. Ah, but the bad economy hits us all in different places and we've been tightening our belts. And, sadly, that means no more prepackaged meals from Costco that can be thrown into the oven.

Now, I don't cook {anymore}. It is questionable if I ever really was a "cook" to begin with. But, thankfully, I married an artist. When we got married, I thought his artistic bent was with pen and paper.
I was wrong.

Keith is an amazing cook. He makes dishes without recipes. He soaks in what he sees when watching cooking shows and actually uses that information to make wonderful meals for us. He has goals for what he wants to learn how to make {and, boy am I excited about what we get to eat next}. Presentation is important to Keith {that shouldn't be too surprising} but his meals don't need a fancy setting to be appreciated. His brussel sprouts are fabulous; his beef stew is wonderful.

I am truly blessed {and a little bit spoiled}.

1 comment:

jill marie barrett said...

i used to love paid "sick" days! i would always use them all up before the year was half way done...
jill b



best viewed with Firefox