Monday, November 8, 2010

Gratitude for Work

I have to admit, I am thankful for work. I am one of those lucky ones who loves what I do. There was never any doubt in my mind as to what type of job I was going to have when I was in school, nor has there ever been any other career path {other than the time honored job of SAH mom} that has tempted me to leave where I am. You see, when my Dad bought our first computer and I typed in that first program {and even though it didn't fully work}, I was hooked.

Sure, there have been times that I have gotten sick of computers. I stopped taking computer classes my senior year in high school and was going to get a General Business degree in college. That lasted until I had to take a marketing class and then I bailed! Phewy on business and back to engineering and computer science {and geek-ville}. Now, the uninformed might take that as doubt, that I didn't always know where I was going, but I had already been employed by a computer firm as an intern at this point for a couple of years and the change in major was just confirmation of my destiny.

And, even though right now I have a love-hate relationship with my job because of the way my head feels when I leave work, I cannot get around the fact that I love what I do.

Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
~ Confucius

What is it about your vocation are you thankful for?

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox