Monday, November 1, 2010

Grateful

The past two years, I've taken the month of November and posted daily something that I'm thankful for. The first year I did it purely to help me cope with the crazy world and, you know what, it did.

To kick off this year, considering the health issues that I've struggled with the past few years and now with Keith hurting his back again, I am thankful for good health insurance. Not government issued, not government mandated, not HMO-kick-you-out-of-the-hospital-before-you-have-a-chance-to-recover-from-surgery insurance {yeah, it happened} but health insurance that I pay for that provides quality care for me and my family.

I don't know how much longer there will be quality health insurance...
{at work, we used to have two choices,
the cheaper option is now illegal},

... so I will be thankful for what I have right now:
  • Spine Surgeons who know how to treat your back with care
  • Neurologists who know how to handle headaches
  • all of those who took anti-depressants in the 1960's and told their doctor's that they stopped having migraines
  • cold-eeze
  • co-pays
  • vision insurance
  • and non-glare coating on glasses!
What about you? If you want to join me being thankful this month, you can add your comments to the posts or add a link your blog posts with the Simply Linked form below.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you're back to blogging. I love you November postings. You make me remember to be thankful and I'm also am thankful for the insurance I have. Mom



best viewed with Firefox