Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Gratitude on Election Day

The reason why I started {daily} focusing on what I was thankful for in November was Election Day 2008. And it is the reason why even though this year when I'm not feeling my best on a daily basis {kind of like 2008} I still feel the need to be thankful, daily. Life is crazy, unpredictable, and doesn't always go my way. But there are things that I can be thankful for.

Today is one of them.

I live in the greatest country in the world {no offense to those of you who live outside the US - I'm sure you feel the same way about your country}. I don't have to like the elected officials and have the freedom to say it without fear of imprisonment. I have a say in who represents me in Washington. And as a woman, that was not a right easily won. I'm thankful for women more spunky than I who fought so that I had the possibility to peacefully vote at the polling both today.

And you better believe that I voted today.
{both early and often}

How about you? What freedoms are you thankful for? Did you vote?

1 comment:

Mrs. Nettles said...

thank you for blogging again. we've missed you. :) (no pressure)



best viewed with Firefox