Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Bunny Finger Puppets

I don't know if I've said this before, but I heart purlbee!

bunny finger puppet [IMG_5183]

And when they posted a pattern for these felt bunny finger puppets, I knew what I wanted to make to give away after the Easter Egg Hunt.

Plus, it would add to my newly formed felt stash {don't look at me like that's a bad thing}.

bunny ears [IMG_5178]

I cut out most of the felt pieces one afternoon. I had purchased a pencil that will come out in the wash but the 'lead' kept breaking so I had to fall back on my old method of just holding the pattern piece on the felt while cutting. One improvement to the method that I made this time around was I taped the pattern to the felt {why didn't I think of that sooner}.

the underbelly [IMG_5179]

Then, over the next few days, I sewed the pieces together. It didn't take too much time for each one, especially after the first one. And since they pieced together so quickly, I decided to make more {and more}.

backside [IMG_5180]

I really like how the felt on each side is doubled up and the color peeks out on the sides and on the insides of the ears.

bunny love

I ended up with 10 by Saturday afternoon {and I was in bunny heaven}. The pattern had instructions for eyes, noses and wiskers, but I just ran out of time. Luckily, they were cute enough without embellishments.

Making something to give away on Easter just made me more excited about Easter and the big Egg Hunt! You might even say that I am loving starting new traditions {but don't tell anyone - it would spoil my reputation as a stick-in-the-mud}.
I knew I shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque!
~ Bugs Bunny

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox