Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Easter with Family

These past years have been years of starting new family traditions. Now, I'm not a person who likes change. I mean, I can eat the same breakfast every day for years before getting tired of it and wanting something different. But, change comes whether you like it or not.

And, surprisingly {to me}, as Easter came closer, I got more excited about the possibilities! I mean, really, what other holiday has built in such fun like an Easter Egg Hunt! I might not have been as prepared as I would have liked to have been, but I'm sure that next year we'll have this thing running like a well oiled machine.

...or a better oiled machine

...or at least a machine that was oiled once in the past year.

But, I digress. Now, on to the cuties...

fuzzy god o' war [IMG_5208]

They have the most wonderful gadgets nowadays. Ryder is modeling what I think must be a life-saver to the busy mother of three.

cheesy smile [IMG_5210]

Chase with his cheesy smile. Its hard to say, but today, it might be a little tomato-ey too.

smirky [IMG_5213]

Now, I've said before that Brooks doesn't smile for me {and, yes, that is a smile}. He is quite the serious young man. We did manage to get a little smile. I say 'we' because, of course, he's only smirking because Mom is nearby.

kids table [IMG_5209]

There was eating {as there should be at all good family events}...

and the boys play a little bocce ball [IMG_5233]

... and a little bocce ball playing.

lollipop [IMG_5254]

And this little one is truely coming into her own! Her smiles are quite enchanting!

Now, most of the time, I tend to take pictures of the little ones and maybe catch a picture or two of the adults (especially if they are near said little ones). Today, I made the effort to get a picture of everyone. Didn't quite make it, but at least you'll get to see more than just the younger crowd.

grammy & pappy [IMG_5220]

Grammy and Pappy

Steve & Dana [IMG_5253]

Steve and Dana

Grams & Paul [IMG_5255]

Grams and Paul

{I've so got to get a step-stool so that Grams & Paul don't always have to look down in all their pictures}

Matt & Debbie [IMG_5256]

Matt and Debbie

John & Lori [IMG_5257]

John and Lori

Tiff & Jason [IMG_5258]

Jason and Tiffany

Brandy & Jesse [IMG_5259]

Jesse and Brandy

Torrie & Blaine [IMG_5260]

Torrie and Blaine

Jill & Charlie [IMG_5263]

Jill and Charlie

we stole some cupcakes too [IMG_5266]

Brandy made us keep some of her {fab} cupcakes. While it pained us to do so, we did keep a few {though, not for very long}.

you knew there would be a fire [IMG_5262]

And, as always, we ended the evening with a fire in the pit.

Coming next? Easter Egg Hunt!
Could life so end, half told; its school so fail?
Soul, soul, there is a sequel to thy tale!
~Robert Mowry Bell

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox