Sunday, November 8, 2009

Finally, All Grown Up

I moved out of my parents house when I was 18. I've had a big girl job for 20 years. I've been married for almost 22 years. We've owned two different houses and probably 7 different cars. Our oldest daughter is 18 years old.

You would think that by now, I'd consider myself as all grown up. But there was one thing holding me back from full adult status.

But, now, I have finally arrived...

... for I no longer have to borrow my mother's sewing machine,
which is no longer with us anymore anyway (may it rest in peace).

my new sewing machine

Keith splurged and bought me a sewing machine last week. Now, I'm not much of a seamstress. I still have a flannel nightgown that I had finished for Leah when she was 5 or so but she didn't like the way the sleeves were gathered so I had taken them out but never fixed them.

But, now that I own a sewing machine, I feel so different about sewing. I think I might actually sew something. And by sewing, I mean that I'll actually finish the project. Imagine that!

The first thing on my list: curtains for the trailer.

practice makes perfect

I've already been practicing and trying out the different specialty stitches. I've also fixed a pair of pants that had a rip in the seam. I know, its like I'm a seamstress or something.

Probably, more 'something' than 'seamstress'. I've got a lot of sewing to do before I can take that title.
In Seattle you haven't had enough coffee until you can thread a sewing machine while it's running.
~ Jeff Bezos

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox