After our router went on the blink Thursday, I am ever so thankful for our new router, for the guy at Frys who helped Emma and I pick out a new one, for Justin who plugged it in and for Keith who called customer service to figure out why it wasn't working {configuration problem, we had to do this for the last one too, why do they set up the defaults up to fail for the common computer?}.
Now, if I could have posted the other night, I would have posted...
After reading all of the blogs about your thankfulness regarding veterans, those who serve today, and their families, I was reminded of two things. I, too, am thankful for those who serve our country.
But, I was also thankful that we, as Americans, for the most part, honor those who serve. My son came home Wednesday with shameful stories from his teacher who is a veteran about how he was treated when he came home after serving his country. I am thankful that my son knows that those stories are shameful. They made him angry. I am thankful that {for the most part} we have learned our lesson and support our military regardless of whether we agree with what they are asked to do. I am thankful that those who still haven't learned that lesson are in the minority and are disdained by those who have.
I am also thankful that I could shanghai my sister to link one of her post below. I would love it if you have a post on thankfulness and want to share it too.
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment