Monday, November 9, 2009

Day 9: Gratitude

As a child, I was a picky eater. I always ordered a McDonalds hamburger without anything on it (and always waited forever to get it). I cannot swallow eggs - its a texture thing. My mom tried her best but I just never got past it. And, I haven't ever had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

But, I am thankful that I have started trying new things. And I do like a few goodies that might surprise my own mother: smoked salmon & wine (first tried in Paris), broccoli, bagles & lox (Lovey's are the best), sushi, and my new favorite: brussel sprouts.

Yes, brussel sprouts. (surprised, Mom?)

Keith makes the bestest brussel sprouts. Emma's been watching him make them and tonight she made them for me. Yummy!

What new things are you thankful for? Leave your comments or link up your blog posts. I look forward to reading your notes of gratitude!

2 comments:

jill marie barrett said...

i also special order at mcdonalds. i can't order straight off of a menu. it is always hold the mayo and the tomato. but mom is the one who has the most special requests when ordering from a menu!

i am thankful that mom had the two bite rule. and we could cover it in cheese!

and i hate peanut butter!
jill b

Anonymous said...

You are both so like your mom! I'll agree that I'm the pickiest eater but we all special order. You don't like peanut butter because I never fed it to you because I don't like it. Well, i thought I didn't like it. I didn't taste it until one year I had my students do a taste test so they could graph the results. They wanted to do pb & j sandwiches. That confirmed my dislike of pb and I still don't like brussel sprouts. Mom



best viewed with Firefox