Monday, November 23, 2009

Day 20: Gratitude

I am thankful for free tools. Downloadable, free tools. Downloadable, free tools that make it look like you know what you are doing. I count gimp as one of those tools. And I recently found a new option hidden in the menus that made me look like I know what I am doing.

You see, way back in April, Leah and her friend Adrian went to prom. I took a few snapshots at the house and they ordered the standard photo package from the party. And my problems started when I scanned in the pictures from the party to add to the scrapbook page that I was working on. You see, all over Adrian's black jacket were little hairs, lint and other stuff that came from the scanner as well as little white spots that didn't look like anything in general but ruined the picture for sure.

I tried scanning it all different directions (per directions found on the internet) and got the same results.

So, I left that page in the computer, waiting. In my album, it was a blank page, waiting for a solution.

Waiting.

Blank.

Until the other day when I just happened to be going through the menus (don't remember why) and I saw 'Despeckle.' I wondered if this was the solution to my problem and so I pulled up the scanned picture and tried it...

Adrian's suit scanned and despeckled

... and low and behold, the speckles and little lint hairs went away. I was very happy. Besides myself, actually. For it made the entire picture look lovely...

L & A

... don't you think?

So, I finally have been able to finish up the page and print it off.




I love it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hallo Kimberly,
Many thanks for the nice comment on my blog.
I read it after my work by night in a Hospital at 6h.
And that was very fine.
But now I'm tired and its to difficult to write in english.

Frauke



best viewed with Firefox