Now, I have to say, I've missed going camping in our trailer that we had to sell 5 years ago. Sure we only got to go a handful of times but we found our favorite camping spot up on the rim (Milk Ranch Point) with a beautiful view of the valley. And, once we realized that we must not leave our cups of water unattended since that attracted bugs, the only bad part about escaping the heat of summer and heading up to the Rim was driving back into the heat as we came home.
I hated selling the trailer. It was small but it was cute. And best of all it had a bathroom with a shower, which I thought I didn't need but let's just get real. A bathroom is a necessity. No one (over the age of 20) likes to go without bathing for a weekend. And what about that potty break in the middle of the night?
We have driven to look at a few of the trailers that Keith found but either they were expensive or, well, I think they were all more than we wanted to spend. Some that we didn't look at were cute and small but didn't have a bathroom and I was insisting on a bathroom.
So, fast forward to a few weeks ago to a phone call that I received at work. Keith calls to tell me he has bought a trailer from our neighbor who was trying to get rid of it. He didn't know how much he was paying for it but he was going to be making payments.
Oh, boy.
Its a cute little trailer, a little smaller than our old trailer. The new word in our family is 'vintage'. That is apparently the new PC word for antique, which now has a bad connotation. Who knew?
Keith has been cleaning it up the outside. The white has been painted a couple of times and it is coming off as Keith washes it, so we don't know what we'll do. The current plan is taking off the white and just having the silver show. The blue arrow is polishing up quite nicely (Keith is really working hard) so it will be staying around.
The dinning area and first bed. The table needs a little love and we'll probably get new foam for the seats/bed but all in all the inside looks pretty good. I'm sure I'll be giving it a fresh coat of paint once we decide what color (or if we'll be staining wood instead).
The kitchen consists of an icebox below, a sink and an stove top. No oven, but really, who cooks a turkey in the oven when camping? The stove top would only be used if we didn't feel like starting a fire to make breakfast.
Those curtains are cute but not much for privacy. Keith has bought some fabric that he wants made into replacement curtains. I think this is good enough of a justification to get a sewing machine, don't you?
The back of the trailer is the couch/bed. The foam is in decent shape but we are looking to replace it too. We've already starting buying our camping supplies: chairs, board games, blankets, silverware, etc.
The front window and table area (again).
The outside (opposite from the door side) from the back.
Now, I'll have you notice that there was no bathroom in the trailer. And we've looked at the alternatives at Cabella's, which are expensive and not that appealing. But since we got the trailer for a really, really great price, I can't really fault Keith for that lack. We'll just have to make it work.
And, as he works to get it in shape to camp in, I'm starting to look forward to camping.
So, who's going to go with us?
Camping is nature's way of promoting the motel business.
~ Dave Barry







No comments:
Post a Comment