Saturday, September 5, 2009

Milestone

I have reached a milestone in scrapbooking that I am really proud of. I have (digitally) created and printed off enough scrapbook pages that I had to add more pages to my scrapbook.

opening a can of worms

Thankfully, Keith was able to show me how to take out the screws, because at first the screws didn't look like they were for the normal types of screwdrivers. And since there are so many gadgets for scrapbooking, it kind of made sense that I might have to buy some special screwdriver just to take the book apart.

not as easy as it looks

It still was awkward because I had to hold the top of the screw otherwise it would just spin around and around. And this was the original reason why Keith was involved in the first place.

now that its apart, can I put it back together again?

I didn't pay close attention as I took it apart, so I was a little nervous when I saw all the pieces. I ended up putting it together twice because I lost a part and then found it later so I had to take it all apart again and, well, you know the drill.

is it weird to take pictures of your pictures

I just love how the big 12x12 pages look! After adding the extra slipcover pages, I put in the page above. I've also printed off the two pages I made for Leah's Graduation and put them in as well.

Sadly, now that I've got pictures in the new slipcover pages, I can see that they are not the same size and it is really quite obvious (to me). I'm going to be buying new pages and going through all this again.



I have made a little video with all of the pages that I've made up for this year to this point (and a little music to boot). Enjoy.

In every conceivable manner, the family is link to our past, bridge to our future.
~ Alex Haley

1 comment:

jill marie barrett said...

again, i have tears in my eyes!! i love finishing an album. then i can flip through it again and again...



best viewed with Firefox