Ah, the end of the week. TGIF! There are so many things to be thankful for on Friday:
- end of the work week!
- pizza night!
- the night I get to turn off my alarm. Even though I live a cushy life and get up at 9am, I still love turning off my alarm.
But Friday also is our
Celebrate Recovery night, and I look forward to CR more than anything in my entire week. Friday nights are the open share groups and there is something about being able to have 5 minutes to speak, uninterrupted, about anything you want/need to and no one will respond to tell you what you should or should not do or read or be. That part is wonderful in its own right, even if you never decide to work through the 12-step portion of the program. I know that in the 3 years that I've been going, I have seen tremendous character growth, probably more than the previous 20 years of my life. Each 6 months, I look back and I see that I've grown up just that much more, I'm doing new things and I'm a different person. I am most heartily grateful for the Celebrate Recovery program.
No comments:
Post a Comment