I am thankful for the flexible job that I have. Ever since Leah was in kindergarten, I've worked part-time and I've telecommuted from home some portion of the week. When the kids were little, I didn't want to work outside the home at all and this flexibility allowed me to get as close to that as possible and still be able to afford life.
I work more hours now than I did then, but I still have a lot of flexibility. Last year when the year-long migraine started and I needed the daily nap just to rest my poor eyes/brain from the computer and I could not handle driving into work most days, I was able to telecommute every day. My coworkers and managers have been very supportive when I was at my sickest. They have been patient with my crazy schedule as I have recovered and regained abilities that I used to take for granted.
And best of all, I love what I do. Another thing that I am thankful for.
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment