Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thankfulness: Day 6

I'm thankful that my grandma and my mom taught me how to knit and crochet. When I was 12, my grandma taught me how to knit. Much of what she taught me I had to relearn later, but I do remember sitting with her on the couch. She was a patient teacher.

Later, after Leah and Justin were born, my mom and I took the kids back to Kansas to visit with Grandma. Both mom and I took advantage of the time with Grandma and had her teach us how to crochet. We made little crocheted snowflakes that trip.

After making a few crocheted sweaters, I wanted to knit something. This time, my mom was on the phone with me, talking me through what I couldn't remember. I've made many things since then, for myself and for others. Being able to create something out of what amounts to be a big bunch of string brings me a lot of satisfaction.

Which brings me to my next project ...


Love the color of the yarn, which is a lovely dark purple, perfect since the pattern is called 'February Lady Sweater'. This is the second sweater that I've gone into the store wanting to buy a light blue yarn and left the store with a shade of purple. Unfortunately, the picture does not do the color justice whatsoever.

Thanks Mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love that you know how to knit! i remember grandma and mom trying to teach me. and i will stress the "trying". from a non-knitter, it is a fab talent.
jill b



best viewed with Firefox