Monday, March 17, 2008

Weekend Update

This weekend was a study in contrasts. Saturday was definitely spring: warm weather, capri pants, painted toes, toe ring and anklet. I got stuff done. Sunday was winter again: cold front, long pants, socks. Keith and I curled up in blankets watching Lost (we are all caught up now) and movies all day long. Nothing got done. Both days were wonderful.

(And as a side note, I have never thought that my feet were especially funny looking. As feet go, my feet are average. But, every picture I took on Saturday made my feet look really weird. I had to resort to putting the toe separators in just for the picture, even though the paint was dry.)

Saturday, I even had enough time and energy for an old friend...My poor cello has been neglected for the past year or so. It sits alone in what will become the cabinet that holds the hot water heater for our master bedroom. I can count on my hands the number of times I felt good enough to play last year. That has been one of the hard things to accept as a result of the year-of-the-migraine - since playing or listening to the cello was one of my triggers. Thankfully, I paid off my cello last January so I haven't been paying for a rental that I wasn't playing. Plus, I'm getting to a good dosage of medicine that allows me to have enough good days and prevents a headache while playing. Of course, since it has been maybe 3 months since I last played, I play quite out of tune.

Mrs. Green: [looks out the window] Oh my God, there's an unattractive nude man playing the cello.
Rachel: Yeah, well just be glad he's not playing a smaller instrument.
- Friends


No comments:



best viewed with Firefox