1. Mulberry tree in bloom, 2. Tigger, 3. Neighbors' grape vine sprouting
3. Honeysuckle, 4. concrete mushrooms, 5. current temperature of 77°
Today was such a beautiful day. I got off work a bit early so I went outside with my camera. I was surprised how warm it was. I did a little weeding and a little thinning of lettuce in the garden. The lettuce has gotten so big that it seemed a shame to throw it away, so I kept the bigger plants to be used this week in salads. Boy, it was nice to get my hands in the mud. Last spring, I spent the afternoons sitting in a lounge chair with a headache but enjoying the cool breeze and the sunshine, wearing sunglasses, and glad to be away from the noise inside the house. What a difference a year makes (as well as some good medications)!
We visited Grams last Sunday and Keith brought home a pair of his fathers boots. They are beautiful and look brand new. I just can't help but thinking of the little boy standing in his father's shoes. (We miss ya, pop).

I used to be able to summon up scenes at will, but now aging memory is so busy weeding its own garden that, promiscuously, it pulls up roses as well as crabgrass.
~ Gore Vidal
No comments:
Post a Comment