Sunday, March 2, 2008

Birthday Dinner for Dad & Me

Leah, Grammy and Pappy

Since Dad and my birthdays were so close to Pop's death and memorial service, we waited until this weekend to celebrate both of them (the birthdays, that is). We had dinner at our house and had time to visit. Near the end, the cameras were brought out and everyone had got a chance to take pictures of each other. I did better in getting pictures but, as I'm writing this, I realize that I didn't get one of Dad and me.

The nice thing about birthdays is you get presents! I got a set of nice (drinking) glasses and my 'word'. This last gift needs a little explanation. I think it would be hard to summarize, so the basic idea is to pick a word for the year and take that word (literally) everywhere you go and take pictures of it. Jill got the idea from Ali Edwards, who probably explains it a lot better than I. I chose 'Love' as my word. It comes from the verse

...Love one another deeply, from the heart.
1 Peter 1:22b

When I first read that, the phrase 'love deeply' really seemed to speak to me, especially with the particular problems I had at the time I read it and I felt like that was something I needed to focus on. So, when Jill was telling me about picking a word, I knew what I wanted to pick. And today I got my letters - one for home and one to take with me in my purse to take pictures of it in different places. Since 'love' is a personal word, I'd like to have a good portion of my pictures be with people.

So, the little one will need some kind of protection and then it will go with me in my purse.

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
1 Peter 4:8

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday! i wanted that in print. thanks for having us over for food and company. zella had a great time, so thank you emma. i will upload and send you pictures tomorrow. i am going to bed
jill



best viewed with Firefox