This is the 4th pattern I've posted in a series of patterns that come from my birthday gift to my sister who is not only my biggest cheerleader in so many ways but is also the scrapbooker in the family. She really (really) wanted butterflies but she got little stars and turtles and fishes along with these daisies.
These are intended to be made with crochet thread and used in scrapbooks, but I can certainly see them made with any kind of yarn to be used as appliques for hats, sweaters, or whatever your heart desired.
Abbreviations:
| ch | Chain |
| dc | Double Crochet |
| hdc | Half-double Crochet |
| sc | Single Crochet |
| sl st | Slip Stitch |
| tr | Treble Crochet |
Daisy's center (make 1)
with size 7 hook (1.65 mm):
Round 1: ch 2, 8 sc in 2 ch from loop
Round 2: ch 1, sc in same sc, (2 sc in next sc, sc in next sc) 3 times, 2 sc in last sc (12 sc total)
Round 3: ch 1, sc in same sc, sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc, (sc in next sc, sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc) 3 times (16 sc total)
Daisy Petal: (make 16)
Note: Before you make any petals, first decide how you are going to attach the petals to the center.
With size 7 hook (1.65 mm) and petal color: ch 9, 2 dc in 3rd loop from hook, tr in next 3 ch, dc in next ch, hdc in next ch, dc in next ch, sc in next ch
Three ways to attach petal to daisy:
Method 1 (white daisy):
cut thread and thread the beginning thread through one sc on the daisy's center. take the thread tail and thread it through the adjacent sc on the daisy's center. Turn over and tie the two strands together and cut off. When tying off the next one, overlap the petals so that the tail of one petal is in the same sc as the beginning thread of the next daisy petal. This method is a more difficult to do, especially on the last 3 petals, but produces a better looking daisy.
Method 2 (purple daisy):
With daisy petal color, [sc, make petal, sc] in each of the sc in round 3 of the daisy center
Method 3 (not pictured):
With daisy petal color, [sl st, make petal, sl st] in each of the sc in round 3 of the daisy center
I only post patterns that I have personally created. By all means, use them to make anything for yourself, your bff, your Aunt Clara (she did make you that nice bunny suit), the neighbor's dog or to line the bottom of your bird's cage. That's why I posted them. And since it never hurts to ask first, please shoot me an email, leave me a comment, or mail me a nice letter (bonus points will be awarded for pretty stationary, unique-yet-readable fonts, and complements of my children or pets) before using of any of my patterns for professional use. All this really means: don't use my work to make money without first asking me. I don't bite and I'm up-to-date with my rabies shots, so send that email on over and ask already.
Copyright 2008
The splendor of the rose and the whitness of the lily do not rob the little violet of it’s scent nor the daisy of its simple charm. If every tiny flower wanted to be a rose, spring would lose its lovliness.
~ Therese of Lisieux


3 comments:
very pretty, love the flowers (and the butterflies!) and i am greatful for you.
i love you
jill b
You have the most amazing talent. I cant believe how beautiful those are..well, ok, I can Believe it, but it still amazes me. I just simply dont have the patience for things like that... nor the talent :) Oh, I was crackin up on the comment on my blog... I Love that song... total 80's freek too...
OK ... I hope you're up on those shots like you said. :) I'm not going to use your pattern to make money, but my friend may make money because I used your pattern. (Convoluted? Wait! There's more!) ... I have a friend who does beautiful lampwork beads. She wants to feature them on some knitted and crocheted items so, being her faithful yarny friend, I'm making her some stuff. If you'd rather I not use your pattern to make my friend some daisies, that's cool. I just wanted to check in first before I do it. You can email me at klumbca@gmail.com if you don't want me to use the pattern. Will understand perfectly if you have to say no.
Post a Comment