Thursday, October 16, 2008

Columbus Day Off

Since the kids had Monday off, I decided to take the day off too. Too often, in the past, I'd just work through these opportunities. I'm glad I didn't this time. I would have missed a beautiful fall afternoon with Emma.

IMG00169

Emma and I ran up to the park. We ate lunch and watched the roosters walk around begging. We regretted not bringing our cameras, but we broke out our cell phones and took a few pictures.

IMG00166

We decided that we'd walk around. First, we walked through the rose garden. Way too many rose bushes with beautiful flowers. With all the birds and flowers, I think my Dad would really love to come to the park and take pictures. That will have to be a goal for me - maybe for sometime over Thanksgiving weekend.

I took my fair share of pictures and, in the end, Emma had to encourage me to move along.

IMG00174

There was a little corn maze that was fun. Some of the paths I think were trampled by kids. I don't know if it helped the little kids, but this big long path sure looked like the way out to me.

IMG00186

We went through maze twice. The second time, we were chasing (slowing) the peacocks that live in the park. I was hoping they would display their feathers and stand very still so that I could take a picture with my phone (which is not the most ideal tool for the situation). They wouldn't. So, we followed slowly and took many pictures while walking.

IMG00179

We found a place to sit and rest near the maze. A short rest for me, not Emma - she's way to young to need a rest after a nice stroll through the park.

IMG00177

We walked around the whole park, looking at the historic buildings. It was a beautiful afternoon.

I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in.
~George Washington Carver

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox