Sunday, October 5, 2008

When the Cat is Away...

IMG_3703

Charlie was out on a camping expedition, so Jill hosted a day of scrapbooking for me and Grammy.

IMG_3709

All we had to do was pick out a few wedding pictures and send them to Costco for printing (in black and white - this is a Jill-sponsored event).

IMG_3704

And like Jill posted in her preview - I was nervous about scrapbooking initially. I've already got my hobbies and my wallet can't afford another one. Plus, being a perfectionist doesn't mix well with scrapbooking (or better said, being a perfectionist doesn't mix with trying anything new), but Jill promised that I couldn't fail. This week, I started looking forward to the day and it turned out to be a lot of fun.

IMG_3714

We ended up not finishing. We'll be getting together for part 2 the weekend that Keith and the kids go hunting. That gives us time to gather a few more pictures. Jill has some of Grandma's wedding pictures (my mom's mom) that we want to get printed too.

IMG_3708

Emma came along and that was to Zella's delight. They played, had an impromptu marching band (which disbanded when I tried to take a picture) and then a marathon of TV watching. Emma's presence helped us make as much progress as we did!

IMG00158

I'll end the post with a license plate we saw as we were driving over to Jill's house. For those not in the know, we thought it was funny because we've got a new little dog named Pixie.



Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.
~Author Unknown

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox