Definitely a puzzler.
The answer was that Justin was starting on the special teams - the point after (PAT) group.
He was so excited.
This game was out in Queen Creek, which was quite a drive for us. Plus it was chilly. We all brought extra layers and I had gloves. We missed the first quarter and arrived sometime in the middle of the second quarter.
Justin did get a lot of playing time. They were already ahead by quite a bit in the second quarter and the lead just got bigger as time went by. (Special thanks to Emma, who lets me use her new camera, otherwise there would be no game shots of Justin at all)
After the game and the line of good-game-ing with the other team, Justin's team generally invites the other team to join them in prayer on the 50-yard line. I grabbed this shot just cause I liked it without knowing that Justin was chosen to lead the prayer tonight. How cool is that.
And this is the boy after the game. Did I tell you that he was a little excited about the game?
I have to say this about my boy. Every time someone tells me about how he is doing in football, they tell me how hard he works, that he gives 100% each practice. I am very proud of Justin. For sticking with it last year when it was hard, almost too hard. For working hard and helping his coaches. For supporting his varsity team by filming their games.
And if he did none of that. I'd still be proud to be his mom.
Now, stop it before I get mushy.
The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense.
~ Thomas Edison (from thinkexists.com)





No comments:
Post a Comment