Saturday, October 18, 2008

Firepit

IMG_3743

After Emma and my day at the park, we came home and Keith was starting to take care of some olive branches that fell off the tree this past summer. Now, when I say olive branch, I mean branches that were like 1/5th of the tree - big branches. So, what Keith does is, trims off the little ones and burns those leaving behind the branches that can be cut up for kindling or regular log size burning. His dad was a fireman and so he's got a little bit of pyro in him.

IMG_3742

Pixie seemed to find the fire pit for the first time and was fascinated and yet scared of it at the same time. Even this past week, she's still been looking in it to see if there is something going on.

IMG_3753

I love fires in the fire pit and I love fires in our wood burning stove in the house. To me, this says fall. In Phoenix, we don't get much that signals fall and winter. We get cooler weather, but certainly not freezing cold and rarely snow. The mulberry will start to loose its leaves, but that won't be until December. But, Keith burning something, anything, that's fall.

IMG_3756

And since I was fresh from the park, wishing I had taken my camera, I was wanting to take some pictures. So I did, even thought the light was failing me. I took alot. There must be a little bit of pyro in me to take so many pictures of fire :)

Here are some of my favorites.

IMG_3764

IMG_3766

IMG_3768

IMG_3772



Remember in elementary school you were told that in case of fire you have to line up quietly in a single file from smallest to tallest? What is the logic in that? What, do tall people burn slower?
~ Warren Hutcherson (from thinkexist.com)

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox