One of the first things Keith noticed was that VC had named their field Benson Field, after Mr. Benson, a former football coach at VC and at SCA. Mr. Benson is one of those people who made a big impact in Keith's life (IMHO). After Keith graduated from SCA, he followed Mr. Benson, who had left SCA when Keith was a junior, and helped him coach at VC. I like seeing Mr. Benson honored by having the field named after him.
We were late (again) to the game because, for goodness sake, we work for a living and can't get to Chandler at 6pm for a football game and squeeze in dinner as well. We're always the last family to arrive at the games so apparently everyone else has this figured out.
Emma has continued to be generous and let me borrow her camera for the night games. I'm really loving the high iso feature because otherwise none of these shots would be possible. Except, of course, for the cheesy self-portrait...
I have been trying all season to get this picture (at least this picture with Justin in it). The team is allowed to stay in a box on the side lines and as the ball gets closer to the goal line, they bunch up on the line. No arrows today - you get to find our beloved #64 Where's Waldo style.
Did you find him?
It was a tough loss, their second. But you learn a different type of lesson when you lose a game and this is a team where most of them have played together for 3 years and have never lost a game until this year. I think they'll come back stronger and better.
Some people think football is a matter of life and death.
I assure you, it's much more serious than that.
~ Bill Shankly






No comments:
Post a Comment