Sunday, August 10, 2008

The cat is out of the bag!

IMG_3274
A while ago, she brought me a little girl's clippy that had a little crocheted butterfly on it and asked if how hard would it be to make something like it. She wanted to use them in her scrapbooking habit. She even brought some more samples today and somehow I kept a straight face instead of giving up my secret.

Here is what I've been working on for my sister's birthday. I didn't want to blog about it before because I'd give it away. I'm just not the subtle type.
IMG_3265IMG_3262IMG_3273IMG_3269IMG_3253IMG_3260
Her first request was quite a while ago, so just to make sure I remembered, I set several reminders in my phone and my calendar, that beeped at me several times starting about 2 months ago. That kept the idea in my mind so that when I actually sat down to work on them, it was way before her actual birthday. I finished up the rest of them last week and starched them this week.

I didn't make any notes when I was making the flowers at the top of this post, although I could work up a pattern for the two smaller ones by looking at the pictures. I do have my notes for the rest, so I'll be posting patterns this week as I have time.

Earth laughs in flowers.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya", quote from quotegarden.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love, love, love the goodies and you! as we were driving home yesterday, it hit me that i am so blessed to have you as my sister. you are very thoughtful. last christmas, charlie's aunt terri made me this beautiful scrapbook for christmas recordings. when i opened the gift i was overwhelmed by emotion that she would spend all of that time on my little family. i was so greatful that she had thought of us and made something that was full of heart and soul. so i was feeling all of this last night in my drive home. i love the little things in life(not that all of your time and effort was little).and i also will have so much fun with them!! i am already thinking of how to use them! thanks again kim, and i love you!
jill b

Mrs. Nettles said...

Those are just too too cute. It must be nice to be as talented as you are... Love Them!!



best viewed with Firefox