These are intended to be made with crochet thread and used in scrapbooks, but I can certainly see them made with any kind of yarn to be used as appliques for hats, sweaters, or whatever your heart desired.
Abbreviations:
| ch | Chain |
| dc | Double Crochet |
| hdc | Half-double Crochet |
| sc | Single Crochet |
| sl st | Slip Stitch |
| tr | Treble Crochet |
Turtle
with size 7 hook (1.65 mm):
Round 1: ch 5, join with sl st with first ch.
Round 2: ch 1, 8 sc in round 1 sp.
Round 3: ch 1, sc in same sc, 2 sc in next sc, * sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc *, repeat from * to * 3 times, join with sl st to first sc. 12 sc total
Round 4: ch 1, sc in same sc, sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc, * sc in next sc, sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc *, repeat from * to * 3 times, join with sl st to first sc. 16 sc total.
Round 5: ch 1, [ sc, hdc, dc, tr, dc hdc, sc ] in next st (turtle's head made), sl st in next 2 sc, [ ch 1, sc, 3ch, sl st in 3rd loop from hook, sc] in next sc (foot made), sl st in next 2 st, make foot in next sc, sl st in next 4 sc, make foot in next sc, sl st in next 2 sc, make foot in next sc, st st to end, join to first ch 1 with sl st.
With black thread, make eyes.
Fish
with size 7 hook (1.65 mm):
Round 1: ch 2, 8 sc in 2nd ch from hook
Round 2: ch 1, sc in same st, (2 sc in next sc, sc in next sc ) 3 times, 2 sc in last sc, join with sl st with first sc
Tail: ch 3, 5 dc in same st. cut yarn.
I'd really like to thank Paula on Ravlery for her interest in my lowely turtle and fishes. At first I didn't think they were up to snuff and wasn't going to post the pattern but because she asked (and asked so nicely I might add), I decided to post them. So, thanks Paula for your interest! If you crochet or knit and haven't heard of Ravelry or haven't signed up yet - go right now and sign up! Its that cool!
I'd also like to thank Jesse for expressing his interest in my hobby. I can't wait to see posts of your art, whether you hijack the family blog or go out and create a blog for yourself!
I only post patterns that I have personally created. By all means, use them to make anything for yourself, your bff, your Aunt Clara (she did make you that nice bunny suit), the neighbor's dog or to line the bottom of your bird's cage. That's why I posted them. And since it never hurts to ask first, please shoot me an email, leave me a comment, or mail me a nice letter (bonus points will be awarded for pretty stationary, unique-yet-readable fonts, and complements of my children or pets) before using of any of my patterns for professional use. All this really means: don't use my work to make money without first asking me. I don't bite and I'm up-to-date with my rabies shots, so send that email on over and ask already.
Copyright 2008
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day
Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Teach a man to create an artificial shortage of fish and he will eat steak.
~ Jay Leno


1 comment:
This is Paula from Ravelry.
I would like to thank you in publis for designing and sharing your patterns with those of us who are "design challenged."
Youhave no idea how much I appreciate your designs.
Paula from Ravelry
Post a Comment