Wednesday, May 28, 2008

More Painting...


Tuesday was another day of painting. We picked up Pappy at his house and got to see their kitten. It was the second of two kittens found at the school. The first one was found when it was very young and Grammy had to find a surrogate mother for her. The second one was found just recently and it was old enough for Grammy to take care of. Both were probably from the same litter.

This was the first time I got to see the little one. Very cute (aren't all kittens?).

We were able to finish up the blue and white walls. Keith was also there to help with the one corner of the room that only he and Leah could reach.

We learned that you cannot reuse the roller brush that was used with the primer. The blue color wouldn't go on evenly and would change from dark to light depending on how hard you pressed the roller. And now that I think about it, I waste a lot of water washing out the roller brushes to reuse them. It really does make sense to just buy new.

Grammy brought by the other kitten when she came to pick up Pappy. I missed seeing the kitty because I had scheduled a massage in hopes that it will help with my headaches. I gave the camera to Emma and she took pictures for me. The little girl has greenish eyes and the boy (we think) has blue eyes. Other than that, they look very much alike. So the siblings are reunited and Grammy and Pappy got two kittens like they originally wanted. What a round about way to do it!

Painting is just another way of keeping a diary.
~ Pablo Picasso

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great job painting! and i can't wait to meet kitty number two!
jill b

Mrs. Nettles said...

dont you hate painting? I started london's room like 3 months ago and it still isn't done... Anyhow, looks like you had a good memorial day! See you Sunday!



best viewed with Firefox