Just about 30 minutes ago, it was raining hard and then hailing (pebble size). Emma predicted the Arizona usual when she said that it would rain hard for 10 minutes and then be done. And sure enough, before I was done taking pictures of the rain at different parts of the house, the rain stopped.
The cantaloupe (for the Family Garden Contest) was the hardest hit. All of its leaves have been torn by the hail.
But I was sure shocked at how big it had gotten since the last time I looked at it. Its got lots of runners!
The good thing about Vietnam is there was always someplace to go. And there was always something to do. One day it started raining, and it didn't quit for four months. We been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stingin' rain, and big ol' fat rain, rain that flew in sideways, and sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath. Shoot, it even rained at night.
~ from Forest Gump





No comments:
Post a Comment