Thursday, May 15, 2008

Freaking Out!

I had my appointment with my neurologist Tuesday. We are changing my medicines around: less of one plus a new one. This will be a good thing since I am still getting up at 9am to avoid headaches in the evening (not that getting up at 9am every day of the week doesn't have its pleasures) and I haven't gone to the gym (to exercise) since January 2007.

So, while I wholeheartedly agree with this new path, I started freaking out after I got home from the appointment. Step back on a medicine that has relieved so many of my symptoms? That's crazy. Take a simple anti-inflammatory? How's that going to be better? These are the questions that haunt me through out the day and at 2am in the morning. The thing is, during the day I can talk myself down. I need to make changes because what we are doing now isn't enough. But, at 2am, I can only get back to sleep if I postpone my panic until the morning and pray for God's peace.

This is a new skill that I've had to learn over the past year and I guess its good that I have yet another opportunity to practice. But, in my heart of hearts, I would rather practice my cello than this skill!
Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone.
Anthony Burgess

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox