Sunday, May 11, 2008

Thank You, Mom!

My mother was one of the generation of women who went back to work when her youngest was in school. And, even though she worked a full time job, she still managed to run her household well. She made my lunch every day, even when I was in high school and did my laundry until I left the house. She cooked every night and did the yard-work. She rarely yelled and we rarely argued. She never discouraged me and always said things that made me know I could do anything. While I may have been a little spoiled when I left home (and you know that is an understatement), I always knew she loved me.

And now that my "little" one is rapidly closing in on the teen years (the youngest) and my first one is close to leaving the nest, I understand even a little bit more of how much my Mom did love me - that action kind of love, the one that (actively, daily) restrains yourself from holding on too tightly and lets go with no promise of safety. Wow.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom.

If your friends jumped off the cliff, would you jump too?
~ sung by Anita Renfroe, performing the Mom Song to the William Tell Overature.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dito!




just kidding. i think you said it better than i ever could. you and i both know that mom loved us dearly, sacraficed alot, and help us understand the true meaning of family and love. i am so glad that we got her to be our mom!
but kim, you also have been a great example of mother for me to watch while i was "childless" for so many years. so i think that mom rubbed off on us, and you then turned around and showed me how to put what we learned from mom, and put it into someone that i also want to be! so happy mothers day to mom and also to you.
jill b

Anonymous said...

i forgot to say i love you!

to both of you guys!
jill b



best viewed with Firefox