Saturday, May 17, 2008

Art

Justin was honored yesterday at his 8th grade awards assembly (no more 8th grade graduation - Leah's class was the last year they did that). But, back to Justin. He was one of 3 who were given an award for their artistic ability. He also brought home some of his art and I just love it. We've already gone out to get frames and we just need to put in some nails in the wall.

Here are two of his paintings.

IMG_2539


This so reminds me of Buford (God rest his soul).

IMG_2541

Another wonderful picture.

The next two I think Justin really like. He was talking about 'his car' this week. The assignment was to draw using the squares. The picture comes from a calendar. Of course, I like them all.

IMG_2542IMG_2543

Painting is the grandchild of nature. It is related to God.
~ Rembrandt
(As quoted in Rembrandt Drawings (1975) by
Paul Némo, as translated by David Macrae)

1 comment:

jill marie barrett said...

justin, you rock!! very good art project. i want you to do somthing for my walls! love you more than you know
jill b



best viewed with Firefox