Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day


We were invited over to a friend's house for Memorial Day. It had warmed up a bit since Saturday but I think the kids would have swam no matter how cold/warm the water was.

Keith got all the kids to start diving off the board and then he was teaching them new dives (at least new to them).

Our hosts have the cutest 3 boys you have ever seen. And I know that you don't describe boys as cute but these are. They are well behaved, well spoken and courteous. But don't think for a minute that they aren't real boys. They are just so cute in their impishness (is that a word?) - at least to me since I'm not the mom and I can enjoy the stories without being mortally embarrassed.

So, Emma and the three boys entertained us with dives and belly flops while we waited for dinner, which was well worth the wait.

After dinner, us girls stayed outside and had a lovely chat about everything under the sun. And, now, the world has been fixed so there should be no need for complaints.

It was a welcome respite from painting. And boy did I need it.









We who are left how shall we look again
Happily on the sun or feel the rain
Without remembering how they who went
Ungrudgingly and spent
Their lives for us loved, too, the sun and rain?
~Wilfred Wilson Gibson

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox