Saturday, April 19, 2008

Up in the Sky

I thought that this would be the main event today...
Petey gets a bath. I don't know what came over me. He'll go to the groomers this coming Thursday but a white dog doesn't stay white for long. Plus I didn't feel too good yesterday and washing the dog was something that I could do.

Much better.

So, lifting a 12 pound dog, washing him in the sink, and then drying him off doesn't seem like hard labor but I wrentched my back. This is a result of laying on the couch for a year and a half. I knew this day would come. So, even though I'm not well enough to go back to the gym twice a week, I'm going to have to find some kind of exercises so that I can lift a 12 pound dog!

All was not lost. I got to sit outside, knit, and enjoy the spring day. Then, Keith's brother came over in the afternoon and we flew kites! It was sooo much fun. I can't remember when the last time I flew a kite but I know that it was many years ago and the kite string broke and it flew a few streets over and landed on the roof of a house. Who knows, it might still be there today? We flew kites until it was twilight. Guess who stayed out the longest? It certainly wasn't the kids, who got bored and wanted to go play video games.

So, of course you know what song was running through my head all afternoon. . .
Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height
Let's go fly a kite
And send it soaring

Up through the atmosphere

Up where the air is clear

Oh, let's go fly a kite!
- from "Mary Poppins"

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox