Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Necessary Tools

Besides the bag that holds my knitting, needles, and yarn, I also take with me a few extra goodies for knitting outside...
  1. The notebook holds my patterns. I print out the pattern, cut it up and paste it to the book. The book is more durable than printouts and I also have a little history of things that I've made along with the notes I made while knitting.
  2. Next, is my pair of computer glasses so I can actually see what I'm knitting and don't get a headache from eyestrain (I thought your eyesight started to fail after you turn 40 and not before!).
  3. The cordless phone is optional, but when I have one of them, then I tend to be able to be outside longer.
  4. The pink thing is my Grandma's gauge measurer thingy that also has a handy needle sizer. That is necessary when I'm using dpns because there size isn't marked. Its broken and has a different measurement for size 6 needles, but I keep it (and use it) because it was my Grandma's (I just measure carefully the size 6 needles).
  5. The last goodie in my notebook is some scrap paper that I'll also use to keep track of what row I'm on or when I have to decrease next.
Not shown that are kept in the bag: pencil, crochet hook (I'm always fixing rows below), tape measure.

This is what I take outside in the Spring so I can knit and enjoy the cool breezes off our lawn and de-stress after work.

Because parents are not interested in justice - they want quiet!
- Bill Cosby

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox