Thursday, April 10, 2008

Baseball at Chase Field

Yesterday, the Diamondbacks, after their game with the LA Dodgers, hosted a game between NCS and SCA. So as many of us as was possible took the afternoon off to watch baseball.

But, before the festivities could be enjoyed, there was an hour of stress where I could not find the tickets. There were many tears (all mine) and a lot of frantic searching. The only place I thought those tickets could be was on my desk at work. I had kept the tickets in my daytimmer since I got them a week ago. Everyday, I'd make sure they were still in my daytimmer. So, they had to be at work. But, to leave the house without knowing if they were there wasn't something I was willing to do yet. I tried calling my co-workers, but everyone was at lunch. Keith called around to see if we could reprints of the tickets and we finally decided that we'd just buy cheap seat tickets. We did drop by my work, just in case, and sure enough...

...there they were, on my desk. Typical of me.

We ate lunch at Uncle Sams and then headed to the game. We got there sometime in the 5th inning, but since we were staying later, it was as good of time as any. For the high school game, we all went down to the lower section, behind home plate. Emma and I played around with the camera and we too over 100 pictures and ran the batteries down. The game was a blow-out and not in the direction we'd like, so I'll say no more.
After, we dropped by Subway to say hi to Leah, who is working like a dog while we all played.
You have to give 100 percent in the first half of the game. If that isn't enough, in the second half, you have to give what's left.
~ Yogi Berra

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

uncle sam's ...yummy! it has been years since i ate there...yummy!
jill b



best viewed with Firefox