I'm not ready. Really, I wasn't ready when the first one ran off without even looking behind her. That was when she was 4 and I dropped her off at a friend's house for day care. I'm definitely not ready for the last of my babies joining the throng of teenagers with all its joys (for them) and sorrows (for me).
I was forced to accept this truth tonight at the 7th Grade Orientation. Darn those teachers.
The school also displayed some of the 6th grade art. Playing the part of the 'good mother', I found each of Emma's contributions (alas, I left my camera and palm at home and only had the camera phone):
There is no cramming for the test of life.
- attributed to Madilyn Albright




2 comments:
i hope some of the "lazyness" will be over on my couch! i haven't made peace with the whole kids aging thing either. at least mine is still small enough to physically hold...i know, it won't last forever.
jill b
i read you blog again this morning and i teared up all over again! i hope you have a good day
jill b
Post a Comment