Friday, April 18, 2008

Starting Over

I had made real progress on my newest favorite sweater. Over 4 1/2 inches and I was starting the waist shaping. Seeing some comments regarding sizing problems on ravelry made me want to make sure what I was working on would fit...

No. Crazy huge. What do I do? So, I pinned off what would be excess if I knitted the small - still too huge. What's left but the extra small size.

I couldn't bear to frog the the entire sweater (I was in my second skein). Way to depressing. So, instead, I undid the second skein, stopped frogging, and then cast on with the end of the first, knitted skein. So as I knit the new size, the yarn is coming from the old size.
This was a good thing for me. I had second thoughts about the size I had picked (quite typical), so last night, I took what was left of the medium and measured out the extra small. I could let lie naturally or I could stretch it out to see what the 7 inches of negative ease would look like. The verdict: the extra-small is the size for me.

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently
- Henry Ford

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

not a bad size to be "burden" with
i remember when i used to be that small....
jill b



best viewed with Firefox