I'm sure this is a little cliche as every other mommy blogger has written something flowery about how wonderful it is to be a mother. Even a couple of years ago, I sung its praises. But what really must be said is that each of my children have changed me most prfoundly.
Leah, besides the most obvious of actually making a mother, opened my eyes to what it means to not control your entire world {including your children}. She shows such dignity and grace in the face of trials that teaches me that I too can cast aside things I once wished I could change and instead just focus on living right now and changing my future.
Justin is the one who taught me that having boys isn't scary. Having heard all of my husband's tales of what he and his brothers did as kids {and marveled that they all made it to adulthood with their bodies in tact}, I was a little worried when we found out that we were having a little baby boy. Having a son like Justin has made having a son worth while. And, to quote my father {with the gender changed, of course}, if I had known having boys would be this fun, I would have had more.
Emma has always been my verbal communicator. She forces me to talk to her, which sounds bad {on my part} but I'm an introvert who lives and works in my head and I don't always think about talking to other people. She has brought me out of my shell and made me want to have deeper relationships with everyone.
My kids have been a major influence on how I've grown up and I am thankful for each of them.

No comments:
Post a Comment