Saturday, November 3, 2012

Days of Gratitude: Hairstylists

This morning, the kids and I got up bright and early {for me, on a Saturday}, and went to get our hair cut. We go to a friend of mine who we met through my kids school. My son and her son are the same age and went to the same preschool and then the same school all the way through high school. And now both are in their first year in college. My, how the time flies! She has been cutting our hair for probably at least ten of those years.

I'm thankful for having someone who knows me and my tempermental hair. I don't speak hair and so I need someone who knows how I generally get it cut so if I mispeak {which happens often} I don't leave with a Mohawk. Plus, we get to catch up on all the gossip!

My sister-in-law was my first steady hair stylist. It was when we lived closer together and when Keith and I were first married. Going over to her house was a good way to get to know my new sister-in-law, not easy for a shy introvert who didn't grow up around a large extended family. She helped me develop a sense of style and helped me pick out hair care products for my baby fine hair that would get weighed down by normal shampoo. She styled my hair for my wedding, something I never would have thought of having done and I don't think I would have trusted anyone else but her to do the job. She did a fabulous job and I felt like a princess because of her. I am so thankful.

How about you? Who in your life are you thankful for and why?

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox