Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sunday's Festivities

IMG_1536
Leah with her peeps 
Aaron, Shannon, Stinky (Sarah who smells sweet), and Adrian

Leah has such great friends. They made t-shirts with Leah's picture on them just for the party. We had to be told it was Leah - we thought it was the latest rock band.

IMG_1535

Tyler and Zella started playing right off the bat. At first they were playing on the chairs and then it was Littlest Pet Shop (baby). 

I learned from the last family gathering and I held Pixie for the first 30 minutes. That way, Zella didn't get a high energy greeting from Pixie and Pixie didn't have to spend the party in solitary confinement. We still have a ways to go in teaching Pixie party manners - she still growls at the little ones: Tyler, Presley, Zella. I can't be certain, but I think she looks at them and thinks in her little heart that of all of the guests at the party she can take the little ones.

IMG_1542

I gave Emma the camera today. She did a very good job. This picture of Uncle John and Michelle is her best shot of the evening.

IMG_1543

Turnabout is fair play.  A picture of Michelle and Emma taken by Uncle John (I presume).

IMG_1544

What I love about family gatherings is the casual yet comfy feeling that is there. Everyone is talking and we'll be eating good food. What I love about the above picture is that Chase has a ginormous soda (it is bigger than his head!) and it doesn't look out of place.

IMG_1554

But, enough good food and good conversation. Presely wants to see what Leah got!

IMG_1551

So, we take the presents outside and Leah opens them one by one...

IMG_1549

Even with the economic times being what they are, you would think we had never seen money before - see how everyone is on the edge of their seats! What you can't hear is the roar of the crowd: "open the wallet, open the wallet!"

IMG_1558

And you can't have a birthday without the cake and ice cream. This time we combined the two and got a Carvel ice cream cake and it was yummy good. We could barely put the candles in (the frosting held the candles) but by the time all the slices were cut, the bottom layer of ice cream was really melting. Funny how fast it melted.

And soon after that, the crowd of teens had places to go and people to see. Well, they wouldn't be teenagers if that wasn't true.

Happy Birthday, Leah. I can hardly believe its been 18 years since we first brought you home. But here we are. You are such a wonderful young lady and I can't wait to see what great things you do.
From birth to age eighteen, a girl needs good parents. 
From eighteen to thirty-five, she needs good looks. 
From thirty-five to fifty-five, she needs a good personality. 
From fifty-five on, she needs good cash.
Sophie Tucker

2 comments:

jill marie barrett said...

get ready to watch an eagle soar! there is nothing stopping her from achieving everything and anything she wants
18, that still seems like such a big number
love you leah
jill

Anonymous said...

i love u too aunt jill :]]
happy anniversay

and i love u mom
thank u for the party it was very nice :D
and just cuz im 18 dont mean im not going to be in the house anymore
i might mooch off u guys a couple more years :D just kidding


love leah :]]



best viewed with Firefox