Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Beading

IMG_1303

A friend of mine is going to go on a medical mission trip with Joyce Meyers. A couple of weeks ago she brought some bracelets that she had made to CR and was selling them to help build support for the trip. I bought one of her last ones and when the conversation started to lean towards a group of us getting together to make some more, I jumped at the chance.

IMG_1305

Not that I need another hobby.  I don't.  But, I have been spending way too much time on etsy lately (so much time that I may have to look for a 12 step group just for etsy addictions, but that is altogether another story) and there are so many cute little knitting stitch markers made with beads that I'm definitely interested in making myself if I only knew how.

IMG_1315

I have to admit that I'm a little intimidated by beading, at least when making something for myself. Its that inner perfectionist that I'm working hard to lose. But, I really enjoyed making bracelets that I was not going to keep for myself or give as a gift to someone. I found freedom to just match colors and make patterns that may not be The Greatest Bracelet Ever, and yet I ended up making nice bracelets. I'm beginning to like mediocracy.

IMG_1319

And we had such a good time! I was there for about 3 1/2 hours and made 4 bracelets, but we also talked, laughed, and solved quite a few world problems. I can't wait to do it again.

It seemed the world was divided into good and bad people.
The good ones slept better... 
while the bad ones seemed to enjoy the waking hours much more.
~ Woody Allen

2 comments:

Cortney K. said...

i LOVE Beading and Stacy Elder taught me! I will be attending your Etsy 12 step program too.

jill marie barrett said...

hi, my name is jill. i have been beading on and off in my life for years. i will confess that i used to work at a bead store. i know that was wrong. i compare it to an alcholic working as a bartender. i haven't picked up a bead in about 3 months. these pictures made my hands shake...



best viewed with Firefox