Today we painted the trim. It was an absolutely beautiful day to be outside. And, even when I was on the sunny side of the shed, it wasn't crazy hot.
The girls were gone today, so it was left to Justin came out and painted with us (a bit). Then I had him go get the camera and get some action shots. Of course, since I got a hair cut this morning and didn't style my hair before painting (it was an option that I considered), I requested no pictures of the hair. Call me vain, but without blow drying and an application of various and sundry hair care products in their proper order, my hair is about the straightest, flattest around. I actually had a hair stylist say to me one time, "You've got the straightest hair I've ever seen." And, when my Mom took me to get a hair cut at the beauty school near the house and I asked the girl for the Dorothy Hamill hair cut. Half way through the hair cut (and way past the point of no return), she realizes that my hair will not "stack" but what could she do but finish the cut. And it was after that hair cut that someone said to my sister, "I didn't know you had a brother." Ouch!
But enough about hair disasters...
I'm not sure how long it took to paint the trim, but it was maybe a couple of hours. The paint was very thick, and since it was a lovely shade of chocolate brown, it looked just like pudding. Which was wonderful because the paint went on with one coat. The new paint on the shed makes it painfully obvious that the workshop and the house need to be painted too. I don't think I'd mind painting the workshop but the trim of the house? I think that would be money well spent if we hired someone for that job.
So, the best part about spring is that we have a lot of ladybugs in our yard. So after painting, Keith and I were looking for ladybugs. Once we found a few, I grabbed my camera. And then I was crawling on the ground, following them with my camera, taking pictures. The first ones we found were small ones, but the one above was one that was twice the size of all the others.
After a bit, Keith asked me stop. He said that the neighbors might think I was weird, crawling around in the grass with a camera taking pictures of bugs. As if they didn't have any evidence before that!
Part of being sane, is being a little bit crazy.
~ Janet Long




No comments:
Post a Comment