Saturday, March 28, 2009

Hay Wagon

IMG_1299

We are thinking about selling our hay wagon on craigslist

IMG_1300

The pictures have already been taken and just need to be uploaded.

IMG_1296

And even though its a little dilapidated, we haven't used it in years and has sat in the backyard (alone), it makes me sad to sell it.

For I can still see it like this...

scan0031

We got it shortly after moving in to this house and we would bring it out for the kids' birthdays. I don't have all of our old pictures scanned in yet, but I did have a few of our hay wagon in action. These pictures are for Leah's birthday and you'll see the Barge girls, the Vogels and many friends from school and from the old neighborhood.

scan0032

We inherited a riding mower that we used in the beginning to pull the hay wagon. It was loud and smelly (of gasoline) but that was part of the mystique.

scan0052

And those that didn't come to the party during the day, came to the family party for dinner. In addition to the regular family attendees, we enjoyed the company of the Drees and Keith's cousin Phil and his family. Papa even brough his guitar (couldn't hear it over the engine, but it was a good touch).

All good things come to an end and I'm sure that I'll be ok when we sell the wagon. I still have my memories (and a few treasured pictures).

Anyone have a favorite memory of the hay wagon?

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.
~ Henry Ward Beecher

1 comment:

jill marie barrett said...

keith having hair!... and the scratching from the hay



best viewed with Firefox