Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving Part I

Since both my family and Keith's family live in town, we get two Thanksgiving dinners and two Christmases. I'm glad we no longer split the days in two or alternate holidays like we did in the beginning of our marriage.

Well after not taking very many pictures during November, I made up for it over the weekend. On Thanksgiving day alone, I took over 150 pictures. So, I'll share my pics on shutterfly but I'll only post my favorites here.

100_0359

You can see my priorities right here. Of all the yummy food, I take several pictures of the pies. The one in the front was Linda's apple pie and it was yummy indeed.

100_0372
Emma


100_0381
Tyler


100_0386
London


100_0400
Emma


100_0406
Grandma Nelson


100_0411
Gail & Dottie


100_0451
Chase


100_0475
Me, Emma, Leah


100_0454

The entertainment for the day is the annual Thanksgiving Day Horseshoes Tournament. It costs $1 to get it and the winning pair gets to split the pot. John runs two pits and the tournament still takes up the entire afternoon (and we wouldn't have it any other way). It becomes the days entertainment as those who are not playing are watching (and eating).

100_0483
Josh and Keith won the tourney this year


100_0500

After the tournament, the sun was going down and it was starting to get chillier. The weather was actually wonderful considering that the forecast was for rain all day long. But the firepit became the focal point after the tournament was over.

100_0502
Justin & Keith


100_0495
Leah and Jason


The unthankful heart... discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!
--Henry Ward Beecher (found at tentmaker.org)

1 comment:

The McCrays said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Thanks for posting pics! It's nice to see the fam in action!



best viewed with Firefox