Well, since Keith wasn't getting up, Justin and I were left to brave Black Friday to return a monitor and buy a cheaper one that Jason or Jesse found online for us. So, our contribution to the economy was black only for us.
After that, Justin and I got to work.
It took us about 2 hours to tape the walls. Boy did I underestimate how big of a job it was going to be to paint red stripes on the wall. It was even scarier for me since Keith wasn't helping us put the lines up. We did it all by ourselves. Justin did a really good job of putting up the first line and measuring the rest from there. The tool in his hand was quite heavy for something that we were supposed to be just holding against the wall to measure right angles and the width of the stripe.
I couldn't have done it without Justin. I do not have the artistic ability that Keith and Justin (and Leah and Emma) have when it comes to hand eye coordination. My creativity is packaged in different skills.
My original plan for Friday was 1. tape the wall, 2. paint the primer coat, 3. paint the first coat of red.
Because we had to run to the store, we ran out of day (and energy). We did get the primer coat finished but we were done after that. And boy did it feel wrong painting my son's room pink! But it did remind me of a shirt that Keith had when he was in high school that was white, pink and blue stripes. I tried to find a picture of him in it but couldn't. If I find it, I'll post it later.
Since I didn't get one coat of red on Friday done, I wanted to get 2 coats done on Saturday. That also didn't happen. But, I did get one coat of red painted. Justin, Emma and I painted the second coat of red on Sunday before going over to my parents house.
When we bought the paint, there was a guy also buying paint who looked at the colors we were buying and leaned over and told me I'd be painting 3 coats of the red. He looked like he knew what he was doing as he ordered his paint. We've painted 2 coats already and, sure enough, I'll be painting again this Saturday.
Then I'll get to take off the tape. And that's when I'll find out if the paint has seeped under the tape and if I'll have to go back and touch up the lines with white.
Both Justin and I stepped in paint. Apparently, this is just something that I do. When I paint, I get it all over my hands or my feet or both. At least this time I didn't track it out into the hall by the kitchen.
If you hear a voice within you saying, ''You are not a painter,''
then by all means paint…
and that voice will be silenced.
~ Vincent van Gogh (from thinkexist.com)






No comments:
Post a Comment