I searched for wedding sayings/quotes and narrowed them down to two:
Two souls with but a single thought, two hearts that beat as one.
~ John Keats
~ John Keats
and
Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.
~ Emily Bronte
~ Emily Bronte
I used some of my favorite {and free} fonts and put them on top of the flower. Overall I made 5 different choices {3 of one quote and 2 of the other} using two cursive fonts {because I just couldn't decide} and then I polled the family. My favorite quote was the second, the quote from Emily Bronte. But I was voted down as Leah, Emma and Jill voted for the first quote so the John Keats quote won.
The Friday before the Saturday wedding, I sent the final print to Costco, a new one that just opened up by work. I was so excited to pick it up after work that day.
It wasn't until I got home that I opened up the package to look at my masterpiece only to find quite visible lines in the flower. And even though you couldn't see them if you stood back {and squinted}, it wasn't good enough to give as a gift. Keith was sure it was a printer problem and that we just needed to get a reprint.
I was bummed. I had scheduled the next morning way too tight and for a while I tried to figure out how I could squeeze in trying to take back the pic and get a reprint. But there was just no way I could do that and make it to the wedding on time.
So, I decided that I would just take care of it after the wedding and send our gift to them later. They probably were going on a honeymoon anyway and wouldn't open gifts until later anyway and Jill tried to convince me that it really is etiquette to not bring a gift to the wedding but to send it to the house {I still wasn't quite convinced, but it did alleviate some guilt so it worked for me}.
I've already told how we were late to the wedding anyway. What I didn't mention before was when the Maid of Honor quoted Bronte in her toast, I turned and looked at Emma and said "I'm printing the other one".
At least that was the plan until I got home. See, I had taken pictures of the centerpieces, which had marigold flowers and tea light candles. They were pretty during the day but when the sun set, they went around and lit the candles. So, I had one more opportunity to take pictures of the pretty flowers.
When I got home and saw the resulting pictures, I was awed. I knew that this was The One...
... that would be the perfect background. It didn't take too much time to switch out the background picture and order up a new print {at a different Costco location}.
It turned out fabulous {if I may say so myself}.
I could not have been more pleased with the way it turned out. The frame I picked up at Michaels, where the guy at the framing desk helped me pick between two frames that I couldn't decide between. We picked the perfect one.
We have thoroughly enjoyed looking at it before I wrapped it up to deliver it. Of course, it took us way too long to actually deliver it.
There is a distinct possibility that there may be a second print made, framed, and hanging on a wall in our house soon.
Did my heart love till now?
Forswear it sight,
For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night.
~ William Shakespeare





3 comments:
You are right about the bad print being fortunate. Your final gift turned out much prettier than if you had used the rose. This is georgeous! Mom
it turned out great! i love the orange and browns in the picture, and i love the frame. very pretty!
jill b
That is a lovely, lovely photograph. Beautifully done.
Post a Comment