Monday, May 25, 2009

Why, Thank You

Last fall, I created a few small crocheted items at my sister's request for her birthday. She was wanting to use them as embellishments for the scrapbooking that she does and it was a fun project to do both as a gift and as a contribution to my blog. I posted the patterns on ravelry, got positive feedback for my amateur patterns, and lots of traffic on the blog.

Well, today I was asked if my butterfly pattern could be used for a fund raising project that would benefit a non-profit organization that allows a group of knitters and crocheters to use their facilities. I was quite flattered. And, maybe I'll get some pictures of what they create.

Until then, drop on by the Butterfly Garden to see what great things they do.

There are two types of mints you never turn down in life: breath mints and compliments. Either way, someone is trying to tell you something.
~ Unknown

4 comments:

Emma said...

haha i always luv ur quotes!

jill marie barrett said...

awsome!! i am so proud of you. that is a great feeling when somebody (who has no obligation) admires your work. and to have it for a fund raiser!! can't wait to see your butterflies...

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great to be recognized by someone who does what you do! Mom

Anonymous said...

Yahoo! It took 2 tries but my comment was posted! Mom



best viewed with Firefox